FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Oso Mudslide Benefit Fun Run 10k/5k/1 Mile announced
Arlington Runners Club
Event Opens: Saturday, April 26th at 9:00a
Moment of Silence ceremony at 10:37a
Start of the Fun Run at 10:45a
Event Closes at 12:45p
Arlington Airport Trail, Arlington, WA – The Arlington Runners Club has a 9 year history of hosting charity fun run events in Arlington with the race registration fees donated to local charities. Last year the Arlington Runners Club hosted a special fun run to benefit the families and victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. When we heard the devastating news of the Oso mudslide disaster and its impact on our community, we had to put on a fun run to raise money for our local community and have partnered with the Skagit Runners Club to do so.
Registration is currently open for this event and 100% of the registration fees will be donated to three (3) local organizations which have been intimately involved in the entire rescue, recovery and ongoing relief efforts. The organizations selected as recipients of the monies raised are:
- 1. The Darrington Family Support Services in Darrington has been selected because of their ongoing support of work on the Darrington side of the mudslide.
- 2. The Oso Mudslide Relief administrated by the Oso Community Church in Oso has been selected because of their ongoing support of work on the Arlington side of the mudslide.
- 3. The Snohomish County Volunteer Search and Rescue (SCVSAR) has been selected because of their tireless devotion to assisting individuals in crisis throughout Snohomish County. As their name states, they are volunteers and receive limited public monies. Most of the SCVSAR members donate their equipment as well as their time and expertise and we would like to help them purchase new or replacement supplies and equipment to help them continue their critical work in our community.
The center of activity for this event is located just east of the Stillaguamish Athletic Club located at 4417 172nd Street NE – the vacant lot on the northwest corner of 172nd Street NE and Airport Boulevard in the Smokey Point community in Arlington. We are expecting more than 1,000 participants for this event.
Registration is open now. Visit our website at http://www.ArlingtonRunnersClub.org/Oso or our Facebook event page at http://www.Facebook.com/osomudsliderun or email us at osounitedrun@ArlingtonRunnersClub.org
The Arlington Runners Club is a 100% volunteer 501(c)(3) organization which host 5 events each year. The registration monies raised are given to a local charity. This year’s events are:
- ●River & Rails Run (March 22nd, the mudslide occurred during the event) – the proceeds go to Cocoon House which works with at-risk teens.
- ●Walk & Roll Run (May 17th) – the proceeds go to Eagle Wings disAbility which works with the special needs community.
- ●Rescue Run (September 20th) – the proceeds go to the Snohomish County Volunteer Search and Rescue Operations Support Unit.
- ●Airport Run for HOPE! (October 18th) – the proceeds go to Housing Hope which works with distressed and low income families with emergency, temporary and long-term housing needs.
- ●Christmas Run (December 6th) – historically the funds went to a local chapter of Toys for Tots, this year we will be donating the money to the Oso relief efforts.
- end of release -